Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Editor is the entry point for the Quality Assurance Department. Not only does it lead to other Quality Assurance positions, this role can also be a step toward working in other departments. Quality Assurance Editors interact with freelance writers and Quality Assurance Leads to review drafts for quality and refer distressed orders for assistance. Shifts are scheduled 24/7.
Successful candidates will require a variety of proficiencies. Effective and professional communication skills are a must in order to communicate efficiently with contractors. Quality Assurance Engineers also need to be prepared to work autonomously or with another member of the Quality Assurance team, as volume demands. Gmail, Google Drive documents, and Microsoft Word are used extensively, in addition to the Ultius proprietary site.
Description and Job Duties
- Maintain a professional attitude in all interactions.
- Review orders for attentiveness to instructions and adherence to Ultius quality standards, communicating required changes to writers and submitting orders to clients when acceptable.
- Communicate with other team members when orders are in need of advanced assistance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and a solid working knowledge of computer systems.
- Some college, preferably third year or higher.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; Ultius quality assurance engineers should be able to scan through orders and documents in very short amounts of time.
- The ability to learn new programs and procedures in a short period of time.
- Strong understanding of the common citation styles (APA, MLA, CMS).
This is a local position in sunny Las Vegas, NV. Our office is conveniently located near Rainbow and Sahara. Snacks and beverages are provided by the company at no cost to the employee. The office staff also includes Client Success, Quality Assurance, Growth Department, Product (engineering), and Talent & Compliance.
We are open for business 24/7, and offer increased compensation for specific holiday hours. Shifts are usually 5 hours in length, with start and end times varying throughout the year. The position is currently being offered as part-time (less than 25 hours per week). While we are generally very flexible with scheduling, we are specifically seeking applicants who can work night and weekend shifts.
We are open for business 24/7, and offer increased compensation for specific holiday hours. All employees begin earning paid time off and sick time after 90 days of service. Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision, as well as a retirement savings plan are available to full-time employees. Before applying, we recommend reading more about our company culture to see if you might be a good fit. All job offers are contingent on the applicant passing a pre-employment reference check, criminal background check, and drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultius, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, skin color, religion, disability, sexual orientation or child rearing factors. All are welcome to apply. Please read our EEOC Notice for more information.