Ultius takes your privacy very seriously. When you visit our website or place an order, we collect information about you in order to deliver our service and improve your experience. The privacy terms listed are subject to change at the company's discretion and changes may not be highlighted.
Posted on 20 August, 2015
What information do we collect?
Ultius, Inc. (the Company) collects information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form on our website or for example if you “like” us on Facebook or “follow” us on Twitter or Google+. We also collect analytics data from you, including your IP address, location, internet source, browser, device used, operating system and other analytics. When registering on our site or placing an order, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address and/or phone number. If you are placing an order, you will be asked to enter your payment information, such as credit card number, billing information and other security questions. Since our payment Gateway is PayPal and Authorize.NET, we do not collect or store this information. You are not obligated to create an account with PayPal unless you choose to do so. In the case of your participation in Ultius Identity Verification, we would collect from you a form of government issued identification and the payment method that you used for processing your order.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any or all of the following ways:
- To provide access to the services you may have registered for and/or ordered on our website;
- To better understand the ways in which our website and services are being used in order for us to improve them;
- To help diagnose problems on our website;
- Customizing our website and applications and the services we provide to meet your likely needs;
- To continually improve our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve the customer service and support experience we provide through our website and customer service department in order to help us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To administer any types of contests, promotions, surveys or other site features;
- To verify that your payment method is authentic and belongs to you;
- To speed up the login and registration process by using Facebook Connect.
- To send periodic emails to provide you with information, marketing communications and offers related to the Company. These may include communications such as:
- A welcome email that confirms your username and password;
- Communications replying to your inquiries;
- Communications providing the services you request;
- Communications regarding management of your account;
- Service-related communications and/or announcements (such as email or telephone contact regarding your account);
- Promotional email and communications, newsletters and offers.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving emails, simply send an email to email@example.com with the subject line STOP or click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email message.
How do we protect your information?
In the event we request information from you as part of our Ultius Identity Verification (UIV), we store your personal data through an SSL encrypted file storage method and then destroy the data after a period of ninety (90) days. This process is also subject to potential security breaches despite our best efforts to protect all UIV requested data using the latest technology, and thus the Company disclaims any and all liability for the interception, loss or theft of, or other unauthorized access or harm to the UIV data you provide to us. By your participation in our UIV process, you specifically acknowledge and agree that you understand the foregoing and our Privacy and UIV Policies as stated herein, and you fully assume the associated risks and hold the Company harmless from any and all damages or injury for the interception, loss or theft of, or other unauthorized access or harm to your data in connection therewith.
Email Restrictions: Certain email addresses reflect a higher level of risk of intrusion. For example, temporary email accounts registered through institutions such as governments, armed forces, or higher education are provided on an at-will basis and are therefore temporary in nature. Additionally, when you use these email accounts, you submit to unwarranted access at the discretion of your administrator. For that reason, you cannot register an Ultius account using the following email address extensions: (i) .GOV; (ii) .EDU and; (iii) .MIL. Instead, we recommend that you use private email accounts available from a number of consumer vendors: Gmail by Google, Outlook by Microsoft, or Yahoo! Mail.
Dial-in Pin: When you register an Ultius account, we will ask you to create a four (4) digit dial in pin. This is a security code that we will ask you in order to verify your identity and account ownership when speaking to our customer service reps via phone, text, or live chat. You can easily view and change your dial in pin code in your edit profile view.
- Identify and authenticate you on our website, so that we can provide the services you order;
- Keep track of information we receive from you in order to provide the services you order from the company;
- Keep track of advertisements and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future;
- Keep track of your preferences or where you left off in your use of our website or website tools;
- Understand your potential or likely interests, and perform market research, so we can provide better service on our website;
- Using Web beacons or “tags” to measure how you use our website and web pages, such as which links you click. We use this to improve our website and our online services, and customize our services to match our website users’ preferences and likely interests;
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. In some cases, these third-party service providers have access to some of your private data in order to provide services. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf for their own purposes, except to help us conduct and improve our business;
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
Registering using Facebook Connect
We offer a method to login or register an account using Facebook Connect, which is "is a single sign-on application which allows users to interact on other websites through their Facebook account." By registering using Facebook, we collect the minimum required information for a web application: public profile, friend list, name and email address. We only use your name and email address in order to create your account on our Website. WE WILL NOT AND DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON YOUR WALL, SEND EMAILS TO YOUR FRIEND LIST OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN FOR THE PURPOSE OF A QUICK AND SPEEDY REGISTRATION ON OUR WEBSITE.
After registering, the "app" may be visible on your apps section on your Facebook profile. Your privacy settings on Facebook will determine whether other users have access to seeing if it's listed. To see the app on Facebook, please access your apps page and search for "ultius" to find it. You can remove this association and application at any time.
If you use Facebook Connect to register on our website, by doing so you acknowledge that any use of your personal information by Facebook or by any person or entity with access to your personal information through Facebook is entirely the responsibility of you and Facebook, and not the responsibility of the Company, and such use is governed by any applicable policies, terms and conditions of Facebook and Facebook Connect, and the Company disclaims any and all liability for the interception, loss or theft of, or other unauthorized access or harm to your personal data as a result of using Facebook Connect. By using Facebook Connect to register on our website, you specifically acknowledge and agree that you understand the foregoing, and you fully assume the associated risks and hold the Company harmless from any and all damages or injury for the interception, loss or theft of, or other unauthorized access or harm to your personal information resulting therefrom.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses or purposes.
Do we display any private information anywhere on our website?
We do not post any of your private information on the public part of our website. Certain private information disclosed by you is posted with any order you submit and is only visible to our select staff and writers. We urge care in posting information on our website regarding information you do not intend to be shared with anyone and the Company disclaims any and all liability for the interception, loss or theft of, or other unauthorized access or harm to data you submit to or post on our website. By submitting data to or posting information on our website, including in connection with any order, you specifically acknowledge and agree that you understand the foregoing, and you fully assume the associated risks and hold the Company harmless from any and all damages or injury for the interception, loss or theft of, or other unauthorized access or harm to the data you submit or post.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
How to contact us